I’ve wanted to visit and live Australia for as long as I can remember. The weather is always beautiful, and the word “snow” pretty much doesn’t exist. I’ve known plenty of people who have moved there from Canada. Once they go, they never want to come back. And if they come back? They want to be in Australia again. Then there are the crazy things in Australia. I would tell you but it’s easier to just show you. Here are 30 photos proving Australia is the most insane place. (via: diply)
1. In Australia, pythons eat flying foxes.
2. Pythons in Australia are so big, they can pick up wallabies, which can grow up to 41 inches high and weigh up to 53 pounds (24 kilos)!
3. Snakes are on the loose in shops.
4. Snakes are in toilets.
5. A snake eating iguana, which grow up to six feet.
6. Snakes are seriously everywhere, like golf courses.
7. Two words: Flying. Foxes.
8. Sharks swim at golf courses.
9. In Australia, Great White Sharks love to surf.
10. Same with crocodiles.
11. Crocodiles, they’re like snakes in Australia: everywhere!
12. I mean, they’re in creeks…
13. On the streets…
14. Inside a snake’s stomach…
15. Sometimes they’re just simply enormous.
16. What a paralysis tick looks like before and after eating.
17. Spiders grow like flowers.
18. Army men found a bucket of Sydney funnel-web spider, which are some of the most venomous spiders in the world.
19. Flies…there are A LOT of them.
20. Same with millipedes.
21. This is what earthworms look like in Australia. They aren’t dangerous but, yeah, you know…
22. Mole crickets…there are no words.
23. Giant centipedes, which grow up to 16 centimeters and can cause severe pain in humans that persist for several days.
24. Those things above? They kill snakes.
25. Giant jellyfish
26. Malo kingi a.k.a the common kingslayers, which is a type of Irukandji jellyfish. This is the most dangerous animal in Australia even though it’s no bigger than a thumbnail. Its venom is 100x more potent than a cobra’s.
27. Blue-ringed octopuses, which are the only known species of octopuses fatal to human beings. There is no known anti-venom.
28. Stonefish = Earth’s most venomous fish
29. What Stonefish look like camouflaged.
30. Even swimming holes have precautions.