To help you spot a liar, we have collected here a brief list of 10 giveaways indicating a person may be bending the truth:
- Facial muscular twitching. The brain tries to prevent the face from showing any feedback.
- No eye contact. His eyes will look away. If the room has a door, that’s where he’ll look.
- Crossing of arms and/or legs. This is defensive instinct.
- Tight-lipped smile. This second forced smile used both sexes to feign sincerity.
- The pupils of eyes narrow.
- Fast talking. A liar wants to get it over with.
- The head will shake ‘no’ when giving a ‘yes’ answer or vice versa.
- Hiding his hands. Men find it easier to lie with their hands in their pockets.
- Mispronouncing words or mumbling. A liar thinks he is not lying when he does this.
- Overstated friendliness/laughing. He wants you to like him so you will believe him.
Source: Why Men Don’t Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes: The Ultimate Guide to the Opposite Sex, by Allan & Barbara Peace